Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gay Rights Protesters at White House

6 People from the Military handcuffed themselves to the gates of the White House protesting for DADT. One of those 6 individuals was Lt. Dan Choi who has been an active advocate in the LGBT community and still serving for our country. I think this protest was an eye opener for people to see that our armed forces deserve rights and they need to be heard. I say more power to them and I hope these protests don't stop until everyone is treated fairly.

2 comments:

  1. Derek, you know that this is a serious issue for me and one that I am 100% committed to seeing passed! I applaud them for doing what they did and if I were in Washington, I'd be on that fence with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you would do the same thing. As we all know, there is strength in numbers!!!!

    ReplyDelete