Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Is Steve Harvey a Real Man?

Ok, so I was listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show on my way to work this morning as I normally do and as I was driving Steve Harvey was getting ready to introduce the "Brown Liqour" song of the day (forgot the name of the song). Anyway, it was about a man apologizing to his lady for the wrong that he has done. He was also expressing how he needed her in his life.
Well before the morning show played the song, Harvey made the comment "If you don't need a woman in your life, then you're not a real man"...WTF Steve. He did go on to say that he wasn't trying to diss others but I found that comment to be disrepectful and just plain RUDE.
So let me get this straight, because I am gay and like the same gender, I am not a real man???
hmmmm how does that sound?
Now I like Steve Harvey and the Morning Show but to me that is the thinking that is holding us back from our equality and our civil rights. I will say this, YES I am GAY, YES I like MEN AND TRUST ME when I tell you...I AM A MAN..
So I ask these questions, Are you a man because you have a woman in your life? Are you a man because you like men? Are you a man because you take care of your responsibilities, take care of yourself, others around you and act as an adult should?

1 comment:

  1. I heard that as well and did not interpret it as such. I felt he was saying that a woman period in your life is essential for anyone. Be it gay straight whatever. This can be a mother, wife, sister whoever... i really dont think Steve was referring to the sexuality.

    ReplyDelete